Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Gilmore Story

I guess I am a little behind in the world. Kira set this blog up, so I guess I need to add to it. Mickey and I were married July 9, 1988. We were married 6 years. We had some trouble, one thing led to another and we were divorced. After 2 miserable years, we decided that we were really meant to be together, so we re-married December 14, 1999 (I think). We don't count those 2 years anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Michael, Mickey's son, my step-son, is now 27. It is crazy that he is that old. He is doing exceptionally well. He owns 2 homes and is a district manager for Best Buy. Kira turned 18 in May. Graduated from high school and is now on her own. She is a beautiful girl. We have our moments, but I love her deeply.
Mickey quit his job just over 2 years ago to start his own business. He builds custom furniture. Things have been slow, but seem to be picking up. He is so much happier, and healthier now that he is not working for Fred Meyer. It was a great move for him. I still work at IRS. I will be there until I die! I love my job, and am trying to move up all the time.

No comments: